About Pediatric Consultants of Wisconsin
Pediatric Consultants is comprised of four board-certified pediatricians that strive to achieve the best physical, mental and social health and well-being for our patients starting as infants and progressing to young adults.
Our physicians are on staff at the following hospitals:
When you call
For all calls, the telephone number is (414) 258-0606.
During the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, your call will be answered directly by either a receptionist or a triage nurse from our clinic. The receptionist will be able to schedule your child's routine visits as well as visits for illnesses. Children that are sick will be seen on the same day. Routine well-child visits and physical exams should be scheduled two to three months in advance in order to obtain your desired time.
Typical well-child visit schedule
- 2 weeks
- 2 months
- 4 months
- 6 months
- 9 months
- 12 months
- 15 months
- 18 months
- 2 years
- 3 years
- Annually, after 3 years of age
The triage nurses are able to give advice and medical direction following the protocol of the physicians at Pediatric Consultants of Wisconsin. Triage nurses will assess the severity of your child's symptoms and guide you to the best possible care.
Triage nurses are better able to assess your child if you have the following information available:
- The child's first and last name, with the spelling of each
- The child's date of birth
- The name of your child's primary physician
- The main symptoms or complaints of your child
- The length of time that your child has had the symptoms
- The child's temperature, if applicable
- All medications that your child takes on a regular basis, and any medications that you might have given for the current symptoms
- Any chronic health problems and allergies that your child might have
- The name and telephone number of your pharmacy
When calling for a medication refill, please have:
- The name of the medication
- The dose of the medication
- The name and telephone number of the pharmacy
- The pick-up time for controlled medication
Controlled medication prescription refills cannot be called in to the pharmacy over the phone. We request 5-days notice to have the prescription ready. An adult will be asked to sign for the prescription when it is picked up at the clinic.
After clinic hours
The physicians at Pediatric Consultants of Wisconsin provide continuous coverage after the clinic closes and on weekends for emergency calls. When the physician is paged, they are generally given only your telephone number, so they will need you to give them your name and the name of your child with the spelling when they call back.
For any life-threatening emergencies, call 911 or take your child to the nearest emergency room. We recommend the Emergency Department at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin.
What we offer
Many childhood diseases can be prevented with regular health care visits and up-to-date immunizations. Each visit may include:
- Discussing which vaccines your child needs at each visit.
- Nutrition plan to ensure your child grows and is eating well. Your child's growth and development also are monitored.
- Anticipatory guidance for each stage of your child's life.
- Information on how to keep your child healthy and safe. Safety issues will be discussed. We offer bike helmets for sale at cost.
- Behavioral concerns and parenting issues, as well as childhood emotional issues. We offer information for "Love and Logic" resources.