Epic, a new electronic medical record system.
Starting June 1, Mayfair Pediatrics and all other Children's Hospital primary care clinics will join Children's Hospital of Wisconsin in the use of an electronic medical record system called Epic.
This new system will help us provide you with even better care. Epic will give us faster access to your child's health medical history, improve communication between providers and increase safety.
All of your child's past medical records will be accessible through our new system.
Epic also will allow you to access your child's electronic records through MyChart. This will allow you to be more involved in your child's care. Once MyChart is available, please be sure to sign up.
Please bear with us as we transition to this new system. Some things you may experience during this process:
- It may take longer to register.
- We may ask you to confirm data you have provided in the past.
- We may ask for information we have not requested before, such as your children's Social Security numbers and your email address.
- Appointments may take a little longer.
- You may notice extra staff helping with computers.
These issues will be temporary. Thank you for your patience. We are all very excited about these upcoming changes and we look forward to sharing the benefits with your family. Please ask a member of our staff if you have questions.