The Downtown Health Center is located at 1020 N. 12th St. in Milwaukee. Services include:
For babies and children
- A general health care clinic.
- Developmental tests.
- Lead poisoning tests.
- Car seats, bike helmets, toothbrushes and books.
- Birth control and STD tests.
- Alcohol and drug abuse counseling.
- Help to quit smoking for patients and their caregivers.
- A clinic for teens and their children.
- Adolescent Health Program.
Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Mon.-Thu.
9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Fri.
9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Sat.
We suggest that you:
- Call the clinic at least one month before you want to come in to schedule check-ups and follow-up appointments.
- Call your HMO at least 24 hours before your clinic appointment to arrange a ride if needed.
- Call the clinic if your child is sick. We can give you advice about home care, an appointment in our office or a referral to an emergency department, depending on your child's condition.
- If you have to cancel an appointment, please call the clinic at least 24 hours before your appointment.
If the clinic is closed and you need health care assistance, call the doctor on call at (414) 266-2126 or visit one of the Children's Urgent Care locations. If your child needs emergency care, call 9-1-1.
Return to the Downtown Health Center page